******** welcome to www.swissdutch.ch ********
Thursday 28 October 2021
03:02:14 up 27 days and 9:34 hours -- This URL = swissdutch.ch
How I got Root FS working on SATA on a Wandboard Quad running Fedora F20 (7 May 2014)
I did not want to modify the board, and hence still use the uSD card to provide u-boot and the /boot directory for booting.
Note that u-boot on the Wandboard does not support sata (aka ahci), but the kernel does.
I updated the kernel:
- yum update kernel
- create the file /etc/modules-load.d/imx.conf that contains: (not sure if this is still necessary, but it won't hurt)
- # Load ahci imx at boot
Run the commands (on the wandboard):
- dracut -H /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)
- mkimage -A arm -O linux -T ramdisk -C none -n $(uname -r) -d /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img /boot/uInitrd-$(uname -r)
Then I needed a new imx6q-wandboard.dtb file, the one you get from the Fedora page
- HERE: http://mirror.hmc.edu/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/armhfp/os/images/pxeboot/dtb/
- update /etc/fstab
- update /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
and then it should work for you...
SwissDutch.ch - Ronald's pagecounter
page views since 7 May 2014.
Your IP address = 22.214.171.124 using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)
--Apache/2.4.10 (Fedora) PHP/5.5.26 on Ronald's Wandboard Quad, last page update 07 May 2014 @ 10:28